Jun 28, 2012

Reactions and Change~

Wow! What a powerful statement. There is so much truth in it~

People are going to talk.....It's human nature. It's our fleshly ways taking over and giving our mouths the ok to run...literally~

I will not even pretend that my mouth has never ran a marathon, trust me it has.....
The "old" me, had the stance that if someone "talked" about me, it needed to be addressed, defended and justified.

( I would love to blame my actions on my"Cajun" temper but......... I can not)

All I did "back in the day" was stir the pot. In my mind I was doing right, however I played right into the snare (trap) the enemy had set for me. The more I reacted to the situation, the more turmoil and strife surfaced.

Now there are times when all I do is smile and ask God to "bless their pea pickin little ol hearts, it keeps me from running that "marathon" once again.

Just keepin' it real folks :)


Reacting the way I did came from hurt feelings and anger, it was not through the love of Christ.
In essence my actions were no better than those who had hurt me....

OUCH!!

To make matters worse, as my mouth keep running I could hear my daddy's voice telling me to "hush" ...
I didn't listen~
I continued to rant and rave and express my feelings completely ignoring the only voice that should have been speaking
(Of course my Mom also raised me to always take the "high" road, I ignored that as well)

My early years were some of my toughest. I truly believed my way was the right way and I ignored the voice of my daddy God.
Yes I made a bigger mess.....
BLEH~

It has been through trial and error that I have learned when to voice my anger and hurt.
I have also learned how to express my feelings through the love of Christ.

In other words.....I am now "Acting" and not "RE-Acting :)

( The old saying" you catch more flies with honey then vinagor" comes to mind)

People will talk, judge, mock and criticize. The only control we have is how we respond.

God's word tell us in

Ephesians 6:12
"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places."

The enemy will use those we love, care for and even those we do not know to bring us to the place
of reacting instead of showing Godly grace and love in a hurtful situation.

My journey has been a long one to reach the place in my life that I can "act" out of love when expressing my feelings. It is my hope that through my trials and tribulations I can share my mistakes with others so they to will hear the Father's voice instead of adding to  the "crazy" pot in life.

Instead of reaching for that big spoon to stir the pot,  I encourage you all to listen for the voice of your daddy God, allow him to direct your steps and your words!!

Much love,
Stacey



Matthew 10:22

"and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved."








No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always a Blessing~