Jun 20, 2012

You are worth loving~


Who's going to love me?

I recently had this conversation with a very dear friend. And that was the question they asked me.

"Who's going to even want to love me?"

They began to share with me all their past mistakes, choices that turned to failures and a marriage that dissolved out of no where. It was then when the look in my friends eyes met mine I realized how the world will truly have us to believe we are not worthy of love. 

OK Lord, give me the words to encourage my friend.....

I whisper a small prayer request~

And in God's wonderful sense of humor, had me to share my past mistakes, choices, and my fears of starting over myself at our age. ( See God knows I like to tip toe around my past and yet he constantly opens doors for me to share)

Oh Joy :)

I understood the "I don't want to start over" statement that was made. When we get to this point in our lives, children grown and gone or on the brink of leaving the nest, it's "our" time.

Time for us parents to start flapping our wings per say :)

As I walked through the door of "encouragement" God had opened, I shared areas in my life that showed my friend......  You are not alone!

The trials we go through in life do not determine who we are, and if we are worthy of love, Jesus already made that clear when he died for us.

The world will use others to judge, criticize, and tear a person down all in the name of "love"

Such a sad way to portray the love of the Father.......

God's love is unconditional, he doesn't give us a list of reasons why he won't love us, but he did give us His son to show us just how much he does love us in spite of our failures, mistakes and bad choices.

It was during my conversation with my friend that I realized how many times the enemy has and will try to use my past to convince me that I am not worthy of love. At one point I wanted to cringe and hide as I told of a specific time on my life, but I didn't......

Thank you sweet Jesus~

Instead I spoke of God's grace and mercy through that period in my life, I shared how God's love brought me up and out of a very painful time in my life. I knew at that moment , to be able to actually share what I went through with out bolting into a run, my story had now become a testimony of God's love.

There is nothing we can do to remove the love of God from our lives. It is through His infinite love that we are made whole. Through Him our stories become testimonies, our failures become success, our negatives turn to positive and our eyes are open to see just how worthy we are of loving and being loved.

The last thing I shared with my friend......

To be truly loved we must first allow God to love us,  it is through His love that we learn "unconditional" love and by doing so, we learn to love unconditionally. It is through His divine love that we experience a love that the world can never replace or remove.

His unfailing, everlasting love......Is the PERFECT love~

"You are worth loving!"

Much love~
Stacey
                                          

                                                            Romans 8:37-39  
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.










1 comment:

  1. Amen!there are times when I would like nothing more than to pretend the past never happened, that I've always been a whole person, and then I remember. Getting to the point of allowing God to use the past is where real freedom and life begins. God's using you in mighty ways!! You Bless:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always a Blessing~