May 26, 2015

When My Expectations Fall Flat


Expectations in life are a huge platform for hope.
I hope for the best and give God the rest.
Well , I do have my times when I think I have given my daddy God the rest but truth is, I still hold tight to the things I should release.
Sheeeshh.....

My life's expectations do not seem unrealistic to me.
My expectations in life are truth, honesty, loyalty, respect and unconditional love. 
I want  what my heart gives in return. 
I hope through my expectations that others will see my heart  and see me for who I truly am from the inside out. 
I expect my kindness to not be taken for granted nor my love for others taken advantage of. 
I expect (want) to be treated as I treat others. 
Doesn't seem like much, but I have learned there are times it is.....
In turn my expectations fall flat.....
My feelings are hurt....
My heart is broke.....
And my hope becomes squashed.

My down fall,I have to come to recognize,is me putting so much hope in others and their actions or lack of.
I  never wanted to believe that  two hearts did not love the same....
Give the same....
Hope for the same.....
Or even care in the same manner.....
But I do believe in finding the best in a person or circumstance.

 I know we are all created differently in some aspects but the truth is we ALL have been created in the imagine of Christ  and my expectation is we ALL show the same compassion and love that He does. 
Can you imagine our daddy God showing us the same love and compassion we show others?
Or not show others I should say??

Granted I know we all fall short, and I know I fall daily.
However my lesson is this....
I am learning again not to put all my hope in others...
To use wisdom in how much I invest emotionally in a situation...
 Believe in the work my daddy God is doing in all things and love with the heart He has given me.....
Be constant in my prayers.
 Not to expect others to see the way my heart sees.....
But believe in the power of prayer that all things work for the good for those who love Christ.....
And see them through the eyes of Christ.
To see my expectations  manifest in His time, not mine.....
My hope should always, without fail, rest in my daddy God. 
My ways, expectations, thoughts and vision is no where near my daddy God's.
Thank you Jesus they are, for I have discovered I tend to place my ways in a small box where as His ways are out the box. 

Isaiah 55:8-9
" For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the Lord
" As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. 

I do not know how certain things in  life will play out.
I try to see beyond the here and now....
To find the good in all things....
To love without reserve.....
To encourage with grace.....
To extend mercy without judgement...
And above all......
To rest ALL my hope in my daddy God.

Even though I fall short, it's in the getting back up and pressing in, I am restored. 
It's good to have expectations, even better to have hope.

Proverbs 13:12
Hope deferred makes a heart sick, 
But when the desire comes, it is a tree of life. 


Where are you placing your hope?

When my expectations fall flat~


xoxoxo
Stacey

Romans  15:13 
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always a Blessing~